In our last blog we talked about how ice and snow can damage your roof. Now that the snow is clearing from roofs, you may be wondering if its time for a roof replacement. Just because you don’t currently have a roof leak or some other major issue with your roof, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be thinking about whether it’s time to replace it.
Signs it’s Time to Call a Roof Replacement Company
Because a new roof is a significant investment, many homeowners dread actually making the call to discuss whether they need a new roof and get a quote. However, there are signs that it’s time to stop putting off that call and start researching the options for your new roof.
- Missing granules – The granules on the shingles are a layer of protection and help with solar reflectivity which can reduce your cooling costs.
- Excessive mildew and mold growth – Although it may look like mold or mildew it is likely algae that’s eating away at the shingles, weakening them.
- Age – A 3-tab shingle roof that’s more than 15-20 years old should be replaced as should an architectural shingle roof that’s more than 20-30 years old.
- Sagging or bowing roof – A roof that isn’t level can’t protect your home. In fact, sagging often means there is damage to the roof deck.
- Curling or wavy shingles all over the roof – Shingles that curl or are wavy or cracked are past their useful life. They need replacing in order to properly protect your home.
Which Roof Replacement Company Can You Trust?
Frank-dale Roofing & Exteriors has a long history re-roofing homes, multi-tenant buildings and other buildings with steep slope roofing throughout the western and southern suburbs of Milwaukee. We offer a wide variety of brand name shingles and other exterior remodeling services including new siding, chimney work and replacement windows. We stand behind our work and as members of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, you know we know what we’re doing. Call us today at (414) 425-5796 or fill out our contact form for your free estimate for a roof replacement. We accept all insurance claims.